Ruby 1.9.3 Changelog
Ruby 1.9.3 has been released now question is, what’s new in ruby 1.9.3. Below list of new features introduced in ruby 1.9.3.
1) Objects hieararchy
3) New character encodings
4) Faster loading – the load.c patch
5) Hashes syntax
6) Improved GC performance with a lazy garbage collector
7) A ‘better strategy’ for the GIL / GVL
8) Test/unit supports parallel testing
9) Random.rand tweaks (and rand() now accepts ranges)
10) Main changes
The other main areas where changes were introduced: symbols, arrays, hashes and blocks.
New method tap has been released to improve chain methods.